Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hosta





The hosta flowers resemble lilies, but they don't have bulbs. The leaves (on left) is changing color (increasing green instead of whitish stripe in the beginning). It's a wonderful foliage plant for all types of sun exposure, from full shade to full sun. In addition, hosta multiplies quickly, relatively fuss-free in any type of soil condition. They over-populate even when I neglected them.
When I first got hold of this type, it had only 1 eyelet (practically 1 plant). After a few years, I divided it and plant around my lilac tree, electrical pole, mailbox, even the house, too. I thought it wouldn't be enough, but guess what, I had 1 bushel extra that I gave out to strangers. (Many people pass by my house & knock on my doors where do I get my flowers...).

No comments:

Post a Comment